This project was designed with a unique concept of dividing the work among the ten most prominent and willing developers of Gurgaon who wanted to contribute to this historic Temple. The administration of this historic temple was taken over by State Government of Haryana and a Shrine Board was formed to run and develop the Temple Complex. The Deputy Commissioner is the Secretary of the Trust. On the request of then DC Mr. Devender Singh IAS, the architect Sunil Kumar Day took this pro-bono work initially till Master Planning stages (for later stage the developers made some nominal payments).
||Donor & Execution Agency
||New Prayer Hall
||Mundan Platforms / Hall
||Uppal Housing Pvt. Ltd.
||Puri Constructions Pvt. Ltd.
||Food Stall / Mithai
The main Shrine of Temple dedicated to Devi (Garbha Griha) forms the pivot. Twice every year during Navratris the queues of the devotees are 2 to 5 thousand persons long. Also separate queues for male and female was a norm. So crowd control is one of the main challenges for the architect this project is full of challenges.
The board has approved the ambitious Master Plan (Phase I) provided by architect Sunil Kumar Day for the entire Site of 12 acre in November 1997. The work started immediately on this phase I. The existing Shrine and more infrastructure developments are to being covered in the Phase II of the Master Plan.
The main design principals shaping the Master Plan are:
1. Construction of new blocks with minimum interruptions to daily activities.
2. Ease of construction by different agencies in planned fashion to form a well integrated Shrine Complex.
3. Efficient movement and effective control during the overcrowded nine days of melas.
4. Generation of financial resources for the daily maintenance of the complex.
5. Independent functioning of major structures.
6. Providing facilities to serve the pilgrims as well as the neighborhood.
Plot Area: 32645 + 16440 = 49085 sq. m. = 12.13 acres
Vastu Consultant: Dr. A. Achythan
Structural Engineer: M/s Juneja Techno Consultants Pvt. Ltd.
Electrical Engineer: M/s Tapsi Engineering Company
Plumbing Engineer: Mr. B.S. Bala
Mechanical Engineer: M/s Gupta Consultants
Landscape Architect: Ms. Sunita Bapat